Thursday, June 2, 2011

BIKER!!

I am back my friends. Sorry it has been a while since my last post, but be comforted of that old saying that "No news, is good news". But let me tell yeah, that does not mean we have not been doing nothing. As of tonight, I am exhausted. Though we have been very busy since since my post, today has been the most meaningful. Today, we were in Amsterdam.

A brief description of Westmont taking over London includes: British Museum, National Gallery, Library of History, shopping (Nike, the famous Top Shop, Soccer stores, and the Beatles store), Westminster Abbey, Tower of London, London Eye, Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, St. Paul's, and who knows what else. OH and Les Mis. Which was outstanding. I hear that Wicked was outstanding too, after the groups 3rd or 4th time trying to get tickets. I, Kelsey, Stephany, Laura, and Dash visited 9 and 3/4 platform where Harry runs into to enter the wizard world, and we re-enacted the Abbey Road album cover...which was quite worth dodging the cars. I won't even mention all the food we have eaten. But the girls had a grand time taking Millie out for British dinner while the guys took G Man out to a pub.

I only have ten more minutes, but let me just saw that Haarlem, Netherlands has brought out the giddiness out of everyone. Besides having to always be on the look out for the killer bikers, it is the prettiest little city I have seen. So cozy and such TALL people! I love the culture here, and the very first day we arrived I already managed to buy little vintage, old objects from people selling stuff from their homes. I am a sucker for rummage sales...runs in the family.  But hey it's legit Haarlem  souvenirs right??
Today we arrived in Amsterdam, were we had our first encounter with the infamous tour guide Gabrielle. Other than just looking around the city from the surface, the guide brought out such beauty and suffering of the city. We all know about Amsterdam and there drugs and prostitutes, but I don't think the world is aware of the pureness and (again) beauty that Holland was built upon. I wish I could transfer his words onto this blog, especially since I am running out of time, but let me just tell you that we have all left with a heavy heart and have had great reflections with one another. Both lead  by our teachers as well as independently on our own.
Our group is already becoming more than a group. We are in the process of forming the body of God together, and I can not wait to learn more of the world with each other.
But let me tell yeah, you are going to meet cultured, mature, and empowered daughters and sons who are going to change the world and solve world peace, just from the month we have been traveling.
But what inspired all this talk was first the Red Light District, Anne Franks house (who Millie, I, Chris, and Mano saw), Reicks...Museum (where Rembrandt's paintings are), The Resistance Museum, and other lovely things.

I must go, but I dearly wish I could express all that we are experiencing. Much more intense than I expected this trip to become.
Tomorrow we are looking forward to Corrie Ten Booms house and a pleasant little bike ride.
 And not to mention Ryan's and my birthdays ;)

We our now 9 hours ahead of you all instead of 8, in case that interests you.
Oh and take head, make sure you always check the dryer's lent bin, as our very nice hotel with laundry has not dried any of our soaking wet clothes (and i mean soaking because we could not read the dutch language saying that the spin cycle was off)...so there is a lot of piles going as there is backup in our laundry line.

Goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment